BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Coming of Age with the Internet by McMillian and Morrison

When I was reading this article, I understood how much we all depend on the internet, and how much we need it, and at some points don't need it in our lives.  The internet helps us discover all kinds of things. We learn something new whenever we are on the internet. Could be a news story, going on the website Stumble Upon,  and finding some interesting facts about all kinds of things. One of the people that McMillian and Morrison said this about the internet. "The internet has changed my life. I now almost exclusively buy organic foods. I no longer eat red meat because of information I retrieved off of the American Medical Association's Website and from sites authored by various environmental organizations. The web introduced me to my favorite intellectual, Noam Chomsky, who forever altered my perception of the world.(Brian)." What McMillian and Morrison are saying in this article, is that even the internet can change your way of life, because you learn new things. Also with the internet, you have to be very careful too, and know who you are talking to. There have been many predators online, so you have to be very careful on social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, etc. Here's a good website on internet safety. Here is also the website Stumble Upon, so many people use this website, and you can find out a lot of interesting information on all kinds of things.




3 comments:

Mindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mindy said...

Alexandra,

In my blog I mentioned how important it is for people to be careful while online. There are many dangers out there, and it is easy to be trusting with strangers while from the safety of home. Of course this should not prevent people from using the internet. There are many things to discover "out there" that will help us discover ourselves. I am looking forward to going on the site, Stumble Upon; it looks interesting!

Roz said...

It is so true that the amount of information on the internet is endless. I have learned quite a bit about health information from the internet as well.